I a currently working as a consultant hepatologist at Krishna institute of medical sciences, in Hyderabad, India, which is a 1000 bed tertiary referral unit. I am the clinical lead for hepatology services, including dedicated hepatology clinics, liver transplantation and hepatopancreatobiliary endoscopy including ERCP and EUS
CCST, MRCP(UK), ALS, MD(NIMS)
Locum consultant, Gastro Kettering general hospital Jan 2012- Mar2012 Advanced Endoscopy fellow (ERCP & EUS) UHB NHS trust* Dec 2010-Jan2012 Post CCT fellow: Transplant hepatology UHB NHS Trust* Mar 2010-Dec2010 Consultant Gastroenterology City general hospital, Stoke on Trent Sep 2009- Mar2009 SPR Gastroenterology City general hospital,
Stoke on Trent Dec 2008- Sep2009 SPR Transplant hepatology Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham Dec 2007- Dec2008 SPR Gastroenterology Walsall manor hospital Dec 2006- Dec2007 SPR Gastroenterology Selly oak hospital,
Birmingham Dec 2005- Dec2006 SPR Gastroenterology Sandwell general hospital Dec 2004–Dec2005 SPR Gastroenterology Chelsea&Westminster hospital, London Apr 2004– Nov2004 SHO Hepatology University College hospital, London Feb 04 – April 04 SSHO CCU/ITU Durgabai deshmukh hospital Jan 00 – July 01 SHO Medical rotation Nizams institute of medical sciences Jan 97 – Dec 99
- Endoscopic Ultrasound in the diagnostic evaluation of Hilar Strictures. Putta S, Croagh D, Boulton R, Forde C, Mahon B: Gut 2012;61:Suppl 2 A355.
- Long-term efficacy and safety of endotherapy for management of biliary anastamotic strictures following liver transplantation. S Putta, *, V Sagar, B Gunson, G Haydon, D Freshwater, A Holt, S Pathmakanthan, J Ferguson. Gut 2011;60:Suppl 1 A40
- Outcomes of orthotopic liver transplantation in patients with pre existing malignancy. Putta, Sharat K.; Nordin, Arno; Candinas, Daniel; Gunson, Bridget; Mirza, Darius; Neuberger, James. Gastroenterology vol. 136 issue 5 May, 2009. p. A-813
- A risk stratification model for managing patients with severe paracetamol induced acute liver injury; Leithead JA, Putta SK, Neuberger J, Simpson KJ. Journal of Hepatology Vol. 50Supplement 1, Page S179
- Endoscopic sphincterotomy (ESP) and large balloon dilatation (LBD) for management of complex CBD stones. S Putta, A.P. Holt,G.H. Haydon, S Pathmakanthan: GUT supplement March 2009. Authorship
- Awarded the Prize for the best oral presentation for my work “Endoscopic Ultrasound in the diagnostic evaluation of Hilar Strictures” in the UK EUS conference held in November 2011 in Birmingham UK.
- My abstract titled Impact of EUS on the management of liver hilar lesions’ was accepted as a ‘Poster of distinction’ at the British society of gastroenterology/ Digestive diseases federation’ annual conference in June 2012.
- Awarded ‘Poster of distinction’ at the American gastroenterology association/ digestive diseases week conference in Chicago May 2009, for my poster titled “Outcomes of Liver transplantation in patients with pre existing malignancy”.
- I won the academic prizes for securing the highest marks in biochemistry, microbiology, pathology, and ENT during my graduation in medicine.
- Nominated for ‘Golden heart award’ at Walsall Manor hospital, United Kingdom, for undertaking responsibilities over and above my designated job plan.